Friday, November 22, 2013

Family Time at the Lake

A week ago today, we headed up to the lake to spend four days of family fun. We were so happy that my 85 year old mom, could make the trip with us. It had been three years since she had spent the night away from home (that's not counting nights spent in the hospital...Mr.CC and I really got a good laugh, when she told us that). I knew that the leaves were still pretty, and I so wanted my mom to see them. As soon as we arrived, we headed right out to the balcony, to soak in the all the Fall beauty. On Saturday, Mr.CC, Haley and I headed over to Auburn, to watch our tigers win one exciting football game. I found it funny, that the MIRACLE AT JORDAN-HARE made national news for several days. I guess, when miracles happen, it's a really big deal. The three of us, had one awesome time together that day...a day that we will never forget! Then, we had two more days of relaxing at the condo, and enjoying FALL at the LAKE! This weekend, I hope to start decorating my home for Christmas, that's if, this cold that I have, goes away.
                                                   Blessings,
                                                      Linda


                                Here I am, with my best friend!


                              Mom loved spending time out on the
                                   balcony beside a roaring fire.

                                                    

                                 


                             I am so lucky to have such a wonderful
                                                   MOTHER!!!





                             We sure did miss not having Mary Claire
                                          and Cam with us.
                                               

16 comments:

Jeannie Marie said...

What a wonderful trip for all of you! She looks like she is having a wonderful time! My mom is 85 also. She hasn't been anywhere in in several years but did consent to go on a cruise, so we will be going next month for her birthday with all my sisters. I'm so excited!

Donna said...

I thought of you when Auburn won the game. Beautiful pictures and I know you were so grateful to have your mom with you on the trip. What a blessing to have her! Haley is such a pretty girl like her mom. Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs,
Donna

Patty Rumaker said...

That was one hell of a game! Your place looks lovely and it is so great that your Mom came also. That fireplace outside looks lovely as does the view of that lake. This looks like a wonderful place. Roll Tide (haha)
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

Lori said...

Wow, what a gorgeous place. How lucky are you ocean and a lake! Mom looks quite comfortable. Fun family times.

Donna Wilkes said...

Such a beautiful setting for a family outing. Your mother looks very comfortable in front of the fire. I did notice you managed to decorate all the forest in Auburn Tiger Orange!

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Wow, how completely gorgeous those autumn trees are!

Your outfits are always so cute too!

♥Linsey

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful getaway for all of you. You are blessed to still have your mother. She looks younger than her 85 years!

That was quite a game. I am an Alabama graduate but always root for Auburn except when we play each other!

Your condo and the scenery are so pretty. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Art and Sand said...

What a lovely setting for a family visit.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, What a beautiful location for a getaway! It's nice that your mom joined you. We can't get my 87 year old dad to leave the house except to go to the doctor. Enjoy every moment with her.
Hugs,
Sherry

Unknown said...

What a lovely family! Beautiful fall weather and those we love. What more is there. <3

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

You are so fortunate to still have your mom with you. What a wonderful family getaway - the leaves were beautiful, your mom was able to join you and Auburn won.

Laurel Stephens said...

What gorgeous photos of a beautiful location! I just love the picture of your mom by the fire. What a special time!

Kelly said...

Oh I love your condo at the lake! Lucky you to have a place like that to get away too. The Fall color is so pretty there this time of year. The outdoor fireplace is WONDERFUL!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Beautiful! We do have some of the nicest fall scenery around the lake.

We are all hoping for another blessing next weekend against the 'unbeatable' Crimson Tide... Wouldn't that be AUsome!?! I will be in Boston for Thanksgiving~ but you will hear me whooping and hollering from there!

must love junk said...

What stunning views! Such sweet family time! :)
Susan

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Beautiful scenery! I'll bet your mom was thrilled to be able to spend time with all of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails