Monday, September 21, 2009

Wacky Saturday

The past three weekends I have been out of town...so you know what that means...No Time for projects! I can say that I have had three wonderful and exciting weekends, I have been in AUBURN watching my Tigers play...best of all...we are 3-0!

This past Saturday was by far the BEST...started the day tailgating with about fifteen parents and 35 students...yes...I said 35 students...they just kept coming! Tailgating was a blast...food...fellowship...football... is always FUN! Here comes game time (6:45 p.m.) and the FLOOD GATES OPEN...we had almost 4 inches of rain in about 2 hours...the game was postponed until the lighting stopped...we stayed in the stadium under cover for almost 2 hours...no more lighting...so let the game begin! The game was a close one and we ended up winning it 41-30...boy it sure is...GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER! The game was over at 11:20 p.m. and when we made it back to our tailgate...well what can I say...we had a MESS...one of our tents didn't hold up so well in that rain storm...made it to our hotel at 2:00 a.m.! Got home Sunday afternoon and have been trying to dry out everything...so you can just imagine what my house looks like!

Hope to finish some projects this week before I head to my beach condo on Saturday for the week. Here are some pics from my Wacky Saturday!

Blessings,
Linda

Me with my daughter Haley


My girls...Haley and Mary Claire


Mary Claire with some of her friends


AOII SISTERS


The score 41-30...WAR EAGLE!!!


Me and my hubby...we survived the storm!

9 comments:

phillips phamily said...

Hi, Linda! Thanks for coming by to see our baby's new big girl room. We're moving from Atlanta to Florida soon, and the worst part about it is...not being the short, two-hour drive to AUBURN! My man will be going into some serious Plains-withdrawals! You've gotten off to a great start and got to see such an exciting game! Can't believe so many stayed through that crazy rain!

Victoria said...

I love college football too!!!! The only game I've ever been to (Ga vs Ga Tech) we were poured on! It made the day in my opinion. ;)

Your girls are some beauties! I bet you are very proud.

Love the silver pumpkin you found at TJMaxx! It's such fun to decorate for fall. It's my favorite season.

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, looks like you had a wonderful weekend:)

Blessings,
Cara

Gwen said...

I have heard that ya'll out there had some torrential rain, be safe:)

Love the Decor! said...

Linda
Thanks for your visit and encouraging comments!! This was one of those things that was so strong in my mind I just had to blog about it.
I really pray it continues to encourage others.

Cindy said...

Thanks for coming by Fairy Tale Cottage. I think I would like the plates with seashells better!
Beautiful family you have!

Diana Ferguson said...

Wacky Days are ok especially when they are with our kids. Enjoyed the pics.

Happy Fall; stop in sometime.

Diana

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Ya'll look GREAT for having been in that torrential downpour!! I looked awful and watched it at Moe's!! It was SO fun and a GREAT game!!! WAR EAGLE BABY!!!

#73 is Lee Ziemba!!

Lou Cinda :)

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. My husband and I were at the game last weekend too - it was INSANITY! But we loved every minute of it! I am so proud of our Tigers being 4 and 0!

WAR EAGLE!
Allyson

Related Posts with Thumbnails